Become a Patient Centered Medical Home
Keystone First VIP Choice (HMO SNP) offers our providers the information they need to help them become a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). For more details about the PCMH model of care and related recognition process, visit our online resource: AmeriHealth Caritas Patient Centered Medical Home.
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
The PCMH is a philosophy of health care delivery that encourages providers and care teams to meet patients where they are—from the simplest to the most complex conditions. A PCMH treats the whole person in order to continuously improve the patient's health.
A nationally recognized PCMH meets or exceeds the measures of NCQA-defined standards:
- Enhancing practice access and continuity.
- Identifying and managing patient populations.
- Planning and managing patient care.
- Providing self-care support and community resources.
- Tracking and coordinating care.
- Measuring and improving performance.
- PCMH incentives.
There are many reasons to become a PCMH:
- Your practice will be viewed as a model for primary care.
- Meeting PCMH standards may lead to lower costs and higher quality health care.
- Your practice may be better positioned for value-based reimbursement programs.
Get more information
We are here to help you become a PCMH. Use our online toolkit, which contains forms and tools that will help you begin the PCMH transformation process. You can also call Provider Services at 1-800-521-6007 with questions about Keystone First VIP Choice and the PCMH process.