Model of Care
Integrated care management
Keystone First VIP Choice (HMO SNP)'s Model of Care is an Integrated Care Management approach to health care delivery and coordination for dual-eligible (Medicare and Medicaid) individuals.
The Model of Care is a program that involves multiple disciplines coming together to provide input and expertise for a member's individualized plan of care. This plan is designed to maintain member's health and encourage members' involvement in their health care.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires providers who care for our beneficiaries to annually participate in and attest to completing our Model of Care training. Annual Model of Care training is also a Keystone First VIP Choice contractual requirement for all participating providers. This required training can be accessed in any of the following ways:
- An online Model of Care training module - Model of Care Training Module.
- Providers may contact their Account Executive for on-site Model of Care training or attend a local provider training, or take online training.
- Receive or request printed Model of Care training materials from Provider Services at 1-800-521-6007 or call your Keystone First VIP Choice Account Executive.
- Providers may find information on the Model of Care and the annual training requirement in the Provider Manual (PDF).
- Model of Care (MOC) Provider Training Attestation Form (PDF).
Keystone First VIP Choice has been approved by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) to operate as a Special Needs Plan (SNP) until December 31, 2021, based on a review of the Keystone First VIP Choice Model of Care.