Have you just been discharged from the hospital? Do you need help with what to do next?
Every day matters during recovery.
Keystone First VIP Choice (HMO SNP) is here to help members stay healthy after their hospital stay.
Getting well after your hospital stay is important. But sometimes people end up back in the hospital soon after they leave. This is called a readmission.
Readmissions can happen for a lot of reasons. For example, you or a loved one may be living with sickle cell disease (PDF). By taking some simple steps, you may be able to stay healthy and out of the hospital.
Before you leave the hospital
Getting ready before you leave the hospital can help you get better faster. Just follow these easy tips:
- Tell your nurse where you plan to go after you leave the hospital.
- Make sure you understand your discharge instructions. Take them with you when you leave the hospital.
- Know who to call if you have questions.
- Get a list of the medicines you will need to take at home.
- Make sure you have a prescription for each medicine you need to take. You will need to give this to the pharmacist.
Just out of the hospital?
Here's what you should do next:
- See your PCP within 7 days. Write down your questions for the doctor before you go. Take your questions and discharge papers to your appointment.
- If you have a Nurse Care Manager, check in often. Your Nurse Care Manager will help you after you leave the hospital.
- Follow the directions for taking your medicine.
- Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about your medicines.
- Stick to your recovery plan.
Keystone First VIP Choice is here to help you heal. We know that healing is not always easy. You are not alone as you recover. We are here to help you get well and stay healthy.
Need help or have questions?
- Nurse Call Line: 1-888-765-6375. If you have questions about your health but can't reach your doctor, our nurses are ready to help. The Nurse Call Line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1-888-765-6375.
- Keystone First VIP Choice Member Services: 1-800-450-1166. If you have any questions about your Keystone First VIP Choice benefits, call Member Services at 1-800-450-1166 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., from April 1 to September 30; or seven days a week, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., from October 1 to March 31.
Get lots of rest while you heal. Remember, every day matters during recovery.