Model of Care
Integrated care management
Keystone First VIP Choice (HMO-SNP)'s Model of Care is an integrated care management approach to health care delivery and coordination for dual eligible (Medicare and Medicaid) individuals.
The Model of Care is a program that involves multiple disciplines coming together to provide input and expertise for a member's individualized plan of care. This plan is designed to maintain a member's health and encourage their involvement in their health care.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires providers who care for our members to participate in and attest to completing our annual Model of Care training. Annual Model of Care training is also a Keystone First VIP Choice contractual requirement for all participating providers. This required training can be accessed in any of the following ways:
- Via an online Model of Care interactive training module.
- By reviewing the Model of Care training module. (PDF)
- By requesting printed Model of Care training materials from your Provider Network Management Account Executive.
- At a provider training symposium where the Model of Care module is presented.
Please attest to receiving the training in one of the following ways:
- Model of Care Provider Training Online Survey Attestation.
- Model of Care Provider Training Attestation Form. (PDF)
Providers may find information on the Model of Care and the annual training requirement in the Provider Manual. (PDF)
Keystone First VIP Choice has been approved by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) to operate as a special needs plan (SNP) until December 31, 2021, based on a review of the Keystone First VIP Choice Model of Care.