Keystone First VIP Choice (HMO-SNP) wants to make sure you stay covered.
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) was able to keep Medical Assistance (MA) coverage open for most people during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) even if they were no longer eligible. Now, DHS must make sure that everyone who is receiving MA is still eligible by reviewing each person's information.
Thank you for choosing Keystone First VIP Choice (HMO-SNP), where you'll be treated like the VIP you are. As a member, you're getting a quality, affordable health plan you can count on.
With Keystone First VIP Choice, you get all the benefits of regular Medicare and more, including:
- Wellness programs.
- Transportation to the doctor.
Plus, our large provider network means you'll be able to find the health care professionals you need.
- A complete Keystone First VIP Choice Evidence of Coverage (EOC) (PDF).
- The EOC tells you how to get medical care and prescription drugs through our plan. The booklet explains what's covered, how much you'll pay for services, and all about your rights and responsibilities.
- Spanish EOC (PDF).
- A pre-enrollment checklist (PDF).
- A complete summary of benefits (PDF).
- A complete annual notice of changes (ANOC) (PDF):
- The ANOC tells you about all plan changes in the next year.
- Spanish ANOC (PDF)
Have questions or want to learn more about your plan benefits? Call Member Services at 1-800-450-1166 (TTY 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., from April 1 to September 30; or seven days a week, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., from October 1 to March 31.
Medicare beneficiaries may also contact 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227; TTY 1-800-325-0778) 24 hours a day/seven days a week. You can also visit http://www.medicare.gov for more information about Medicare benefits and services. You can also call to ask general health questions or get information about your Part D benefits.